Major No. 3: The Women’s U.S. Open

mulligan, 27 June 2006, Comments Off on Major No. 3: The Women’s U.S. Open
Categories: Uncategorized

We’re zipping along through the majors, and we’ve barely heard a peep out of Annika Sorenstam. This week, the women are playing at Newport C.C. in Rhode Island, where Birdie Kim defends. Official site.

Ron Sirak of Golf World has this report here: “I’m not playing the way I did last year, no doubt about it,” said Sorenstam after finishing T-9 at the McDonald’s. “I’m at about 75 percent. I’m waiting for the other 25 percent to show up. I must have misplaced it.” Most of that missing 25 percent involves two clubs — the driver and the putter. She has hit 70.2 percent of her fairways this year compared to 80.4 percent in 2005, falling to T-94 in driving accuracy from 12th last year. Sorenstam has slipped slightly from first in putts per GIR to T-8 this year, but with putts it’s not how many you make but when you make them. She has not made those momentum-saving par putts that keep a hot round going.


You must be logged in to post a comment.

Leave a Reply:

Name *

Mail (hidden) *


Email: thegolfblog [@]

Advertise Here